Wednesday 16 March 2011

Ponderings.....

I see a day when how we, and everything around us, interacts with the Web will be radically different to what we see and do today. I can see a time when things we thought impossible today, soon become tomorrow's reality. The Web is undergoing a revolution in terms of what's possible, and I wanted to share with you a little about what i see coming down the line.

HTTP served us well for close on 20 years, but the appetite for richer, more dynamic, real-time Internet applications means it's time the Web had a new superhero. Technology needs to advance to allow the Web to continue to keep pace with change. I believe that HTML5 is the technology that will pave tomorrow's Web, and nothing could be more important than the underlying communication fabric itself; WebSockets.

Given I work for a pioneer in HTML5 (specifically WebSocket) technology, I spend a great deal of my time evangelising the "what if" scenarios; the new things that organisations could now do to better connect their business with their customers, via the Web. Some of the ideas we throw around I am starting to see come to fruition today with early adopters within their respective markets. Other ideas, well, they are destined for a slightly more distant future.

Yet they're all still valid ideas. Ideas that maybe your closest competitor is going to jump on first. So I wanted to share a few with you via this blog, just so you had a head start.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment